Frequently Asked Questions

What if I am not sure if I have an injury case?

Many times, an injured person isn’t sure if they have an injury case or what they should do if they were injured through the fault of another. The easiest thing to do is call or meet with an experienced injury attorney right away so that your case can be reviewed to determine if you have a cause of action. You should not wait. The more that time passes, there is a greater potential for evidence to be lost or compromised.

What should I do if I believe a medical provider was negligent?

Medical negligence is complicated, so it is important that you first document as much as you can by creating a log of your medical visits and what you were told. Obtaining as much of the medical records as possible is likewise important. Providing the log and records to an experienced medical negligence lawyer will prove helpful in getting an opinion as to whether medical negligence had in fact occurred.

The other driver did not have insurance on their vehicle, or it was a hit and run. Now what?

In this situation, all is not lost. Fortunately, Connecticut Law requires that our motor vehicle insurance policies carry additional coverage known as “uninsured motorist coverage.” This type of coverage protects you from uninsured vehicles and allows you to receive compensation for your injuries as if the at-fault driver or fleeing driver had insurance.

What if a doctor will not see me without medical insurance?

When an accident occurs, the at-fault driver’s insurance company is not obligated to pay medical bills as incurred (as they are generally included in the settlement at the end of the case), and medical providers might not treat you without health insurance. Therefore, it is important to hire an experienced personal injury attorney who can arrange with the medical provider to wait until the case is settled to receive payment. That will allow you to receive the necessary treatment without having to worry about making a payment each time you see the doctor.

Should I give a statement or information to the at-fault driver’s insurance company?

No. The at-fault driver’s insurance company is only interested in obtaining information from you so that it can try to shift blame back to you for the accident. Their only interest is to reduce the amount of money they ultimately will be obligated to pay you. A lawyer should be consulted and retained immediately after an accident so that your interests are protected.

If I’ve been in a car accident, do I need a lawyer?

If you or someone you know were injured in the accident then you should consult an attorney. As the injured victim, you have the right to seek compensation from the at-fault party for your medical costs, pain and suffering, and other losses. Insurance companies have high-paid lawyers and experts who will fight against you to make sure you get as little money as possible. Statistically, people represented by lawyers get better results and higher compensation. If you or someone you know was injured in an accident then please contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation.

How much will I have to pay a lawyer for help after an accident?

The great thing about our personal injury lawyers is that we only get paid if we win your case. Our fee is a percentage of the amount of money that we recover for you. This allows you to choose best lawyer for your case, without worrying about paying big legal fees.

What types of things can I get reimbursed for after a car accident?

In addition to medical bills, lost wages, and damage to your vehicle, you may be entitled to compensation for emotional distress; pain and suffering; and loss of enjoyment (if you can no longer enjoy or participate in activities, hobbies, sports, etc.)