Construction sites are dangerous, and injuries often occur. As a construction accident attorney can tell you, these areas are full of dangerous equipment, poisonous chemicals and gases, high voltage electricity and uneven work surfaces. There are a number of common construction site accidents that a lawyer in Bridgeport can help with.
Common Construction Site Accidents
- Scaffolding accidents: Scaffolding accidents involve workers falling from scaffolds.
- Heavy machinery accidents: If workers are not properly trained to use machinery, then they may suffer injuries.
- Vehicle accidents: If trucks and other vehicles on the construction site are not properly used, they can lead to injuries or even death of workers.
- Electrocution: Construction sites often have high voltage equipment. Construction workers who work close to this equipment may suffer shocks and burns.
- Occupational exposure: Some workers work in hazardous conditions, like refineries and mines. These areas may release poisonous gases and chemicals which in turn affects health.
- Slip and fall accidents: Falls can occur on construction sites if debris or equipment obstructs the workspace or if safety procedures are not followed.
Work with a Bridgeport Attorney Who Knows About Common Construction Accidents
If you are injured in a construction accident, then you have a right to claim compensation. An experienced lawyer can help with many common types of construction accidents in Bridgeport. The team at Ganim Injury Lawyers are dedicated to client service and communication. Call one today for a free consultation.