Attorney George Ganim is proud to introduce Attorney George W. Ganim, Jr. Defining Moment Scholarship! He believes in the importance of supporting your community and encouraging our youth to pursue higher education.
Oftentimes in our lives, we experience moments that not only change our way of thinking but also inspire us moving forward. That being said, we want to hear from you. In 750 words or less, tell us about your defining moment that sparked your interest in your future career, and why it has made you so passionate about the topic. We hope that Attorney George W. Ganim, Jr. Defining Moment Scholarship will allow individuals to reflect on their past and continue to set goals for personal growth moving forward.
- The $1,000 scholarship opportunity is available to any present high school senior, college student or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States occupying one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and who is enrolled in a two to five-year post-secondary institution for the 2021 Fall Semester.
- Candidates for this scholarship must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing with their respective universities.
- The candidate must submit a 750-word essay response to the prompt: Tell us about the moment that sparked your interest in your future career, and why it made you so passionate about the topic.
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. Both official and unofficial transcripts are allowed. If a first-year student or transfer does not have a transcript from their current school, a transcript from their previous school and an acceptance letter from the current school are acceptable.
The recipient of Attorney George W. Ganim, Jr. Defining Moment Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this $1,000 scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to email@example.com by March 31st, 2021. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “(applicant name) – 2021 Attorney George W. Ganim, Jr. Defining Moment Scholarship Application.”